Business - Corporate, Partnership & LLCBlending traditional legal perspectives with real world operational, tax, accounting, HR and other considerations to assist the small and mid-tier business client.
Over its years, MDP has actually started, grown, sold and otherwise divested a number of businesses. What does this mean for a law firm? Real world business experience in doing exactly what most business owners do. Using its integrated approach in providing legal services, MDP does not simply say that it looks to assist entrepreneurs and business owners. Instead, MDP has been there so possesses real experience to assist.
Some common considerations and MDP areas of assistance:
- Tax and Operational Considerations
- Business Transitions
- Contractual Considerations
Tax and operational considerations in selecting among:
- Corporation (C-Corp or S-Corp)
- Limited Liability Company (Disregarded entity, Corp election, series, Manager or Member managed)
- Partnership (general or limited, even LLP or LLLP)
- Sale (stock or assets, Section 338 application)
- Mergers (Type A, B, C, D or more)
- Acquisitions (stock or asset)
- Pre-transition planning
- Valuation and more
Addressing how the choice of business entity integrates with:
- Transition planning
- HR & Employees
- Capital and tax matters
Contractual considerations for:
- Real estate
- Business sale/Acquisition
- Maintenance and more
Reconciliation of budgeting and other managerial considerations with legal compliance.