THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND ITS ASSOCIATED CONTENT, ARTICLES, POSTS, FORUMS AND BLOGS DO NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE OR FORM AN ATTORNEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.
Copyright 2013-2015 MDP Services, LLC. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names, designs, content and concepts, including but not limited to Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, are the registered trademarks, trademarks or copyrights of their respective owners.
Subject to the copyright and privacy terms herein, you are free to use this website and its content for personal use.
In the event of your use or access to a social media outlet, obviously your privacy rights are waived by participation. Common sense? Right.
Information collected about you
In General. MDP may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through MDP’s website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States.
- Information you provide. MDP may collect and store any personal information you enter on its website or provide it in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your first and last name, your physical address, e-mail address, telephone and facsimile numbers and, if you transact business with MDP, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). MDP also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
- Information from other sources. MDP may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other businesses, contractors and other third parties and add it to other information that MDP has collected. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
- Information about others. MDP may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to MDP. If you use MDP’s website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, information that may interest them or messages (such as invitations) through MDP’s system, MDP may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient.
- Information collected automatically. MDP automatically collects information from your browser when you visit its website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit its website, MDP may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to its site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, MDP also may automatically collect information about your online activity on its site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct thereon. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on MDP’s website.
- Other Technologies. MDP may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. MDP also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information MDP obtains in this manner enables it to customize the services offered website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of its online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. MDP may allow third-parties, including its authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on its site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. MDP’s website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
How MDP uses the information it collects
In general, MDP may use information that it collects about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, its products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about upgrades, special offers and other products or services that may be of interest to you either from MDP, affiliate companies or third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on its site and other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. MDP may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on its website, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage its business.
With whom MDP shares your information
MDP want you to understand when and with whom it may share personal or other information MDP has collected about you or your activities on its web site.
Personal information. MDP does not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when it informs you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. MDP may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: MDP may share your personal information with authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf or accessed via MDP’s products. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service, performing business and sales analysis, supporting website or product functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through MDP website or products. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you make purchases or engage in promotions offered through MDP’s website, MDP may share personal information with the businesses with which it partners to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize MDP to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Other Situations. MDP also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise MDP’s legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, MDP may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When MDP believes disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of MDP, its users, its employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce its website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of its business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. MDP may share aggregated and non-personal information it collects under any of the above circumstances. It may also share it with third parties and affiliated companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on its websites and on websites of third parties. MDP may combine non-personal information it collects with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. MDP also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, MDP may tell its advertisers the number of visitors to its website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that it hopes you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
How you can access your information
You can review and update your personal information by contacting MDP. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from MDP.
To stop receiving promotional mail or newsletters from us; write MDP at:
MDP Services, LLC
Attn: Customer Care
PO Box 4463
Olathe, KS 66063
or call 1-888-425-3331
Please include your name and address.
For electronic promotional communication, this can be accomplished through the unsubscribe link provided in every third party promotional e-mail message. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. MDP may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from MDP. If MDP already provides your information to a third party (such as an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of MDP’s website because such information may be required in order for you to purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on its website.
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from MDP regarding the manner in which it share certain categories of personal information with third parties and affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send MDP a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- the categories of information MDP discloses to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
MDP may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated address for these requests is:
MDP Services, LLC
Attn: Customer Care
PO Box 4463
Olathe, KS 66063
Please include your name and address.
How MDP protects your personal information
MDP takes appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, MDP may certain applicable encryption techniques in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and MDP’s, and MDP may use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
MDP wants you to feel confident using its website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although MDP takes steps to secure your information, it does not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
MDP’s website is a general audience site, and its does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
Visiting MDP’s websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
While MDP Services utilizes its own staff for many projects and engagements, certain projects and engagements are provided on an outsource basis. E+ Publishing, LLC is an affiliated organization of MDP for printing and publishing services.
By using this Site, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
The information on this Site is intended to furnish users with general information on matters that they may find to be of interest. While every effort has been made to offer current and accurate information, errors can occur. Furthermore, this Site may contain references to certain laws and regulations. Laws and regulations will change over time and should be interpreted only in light of particular circumstances.
MDP, ITS OWNERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES AND AFFILIATES, DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON THIS SITE.
All content on the Site and all services provided through it are provided “as is”, with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without representations, warranties or other contractual terms of any kind, express or implied. MDP does not represent or warrant that this Site, the various services provided through this Site, and / or any information, software or other material downloaded from this Site, will be accurate, current, uninterrupted, error-free, omission-free or free of viruses or other harmful components.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, MDP DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY TO YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE IN RESPECT OF THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE AND ALL SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH IT, WHETHER UNDER ANY THEORY OF TORT, CONTRACT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY OR NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER IN RESPECT OF DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF MDP SERVICES WAS ADVISED, KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The information presented on this Site should not be construed as legal, tax, accounting or any other professional advice or service. MDP Services, LLC is not a CPA firm and does not perform attestation services. NOTICE: The Missouri Bar and Missouri Supreme Court require all Missouri attorneys to notify e-mail recipients that e-mail is not a secure method of communication; that it may be copied and held by any computer through which it passes; and persons not participating in the communication may intercept the communications. Should you with to discontinue this method of communication, please advise, and no further e-mail communications will be sent. Use of this website does not create an attorney-client relationship and the content in the website do not constitute legal advice. You should consult with an MDP or other professional advisor familiar with your particular factual situation for advice concerning specific tax or other legal matters before making any decision. You should not send any confidential information to any member firm of MDP until you have received agreement from the firm to perform the services you request.
How to contact us
MDP Services, LLC
Attn: Customer Care
7400 W 110th Street, Suite 600
Overland Park, KS 66210